Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last one on the bandwagon

Seconds after I emailed my friends and family members that I am keeping a blog, I read on SF Gate that a new study proves that blogging is no longer cool.

"The results indicate blogging has become so 2006, when 28 percent of the two groups studied, teens 12 to 17 and young adults 18 to 29, actively blogged.

By the fall of 2009, that percentage dropped off to only 14 percent of teens and 15 percent of young adults as blogging 'lost its luster for many young users,' said Amanda Lenhart, one of the report's authors."

This is exactly what happened when I got stock options, too. It proves, yet again, what I have suspected for many, many years: my involvement in a trend is a sure indication that it is ending. Perhaps I will look into Twitter in a year or so.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/03/BU3O1BRJDU.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0eVsiXLCr

3 comments:

  1. I remember a year ago when I started texting. It was about the same time that dad started texting. so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect some short stories in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the process of making up a nightly story for Henry about a boy named Conan who gets whisked off by a wizard. Complete rip-off of Harry Potter AND The Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete