Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Glamour

Tonight as Henry and I drove to Cactus Taqueria to pick up dinner, he reached his hand out from the backseat and said, "ay-you," which means "thank you," which means he wants me to take something from his hand.

I reached my hand back, and got a little gummy ball in my fingers.

"What was that?" I asked Henry.

"Guk," he replied, which means "dirt."

A couple of minutes later I parked the car, and when I went around to get Henry he was just pulling a finger from his right nostril, and there was a large booger on it. He held it up to me and said, "guk."

Suddenly it all became horribly clear. "Did you give Mommy a booger a few minutes ago?" I asked.

"Yeah!" he said proudly, offering me the next one.

This is the closest I get to appreciation these days.

1 comment: