Friday, January 29, 2010

Oprah

I'm watching Oprah. This is the only thing I do that makes me feel like I am a real housewife. It would be better for my family if I could cook, clean, decorate, not get surly when my 3-year-old wakes up with a mystically sore toe at 1:30 in the morning, or garden. Instead, I watch TV. My whole life, that has been one of the few things I have excelled at consistently.

That, depression, and getting pregnant.

Oh, here she goes. Oprah is getting "in your face" with a snippy 20-something who thinks it's funny that she texts while driving. I have alternately loved and been irritated by Oprah over the years, and I've been watching since 1989. Now I've settled in to revering her. When I get anxious about politics I imagine her going in and yelling at the people I disagree with. It's surprisingly soothing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment